Minor league baseball season is just three weeks away. Here are some of the local teams’ best promotions planned for April.
- April 3 at 7:05 p.m. Opening Night vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats – The first 2,000 fans ages 6 and up will receive Replica Mini Eastern League Championship Trophies.
- April 5 at 1:05 p.m. vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats – Kids Opening Day with Ivan Nova replica jerseys for the first 1,000 children ages 5-15.
- April 17 at 7:05 p.m. vs. Erie SeaWolves – All You Can Eat Night – fans can enjoy free hot dogs, hamburgers & cheeseburgers throughout the game. The first 1,000 fans ages 6 and up will receive a championship banner. For older fans, there is a Thirsty Thursday beer special until the middle of the fifth inning,
For tickets and more information, visit the Trenton Thunder’s website.
- April 12 at 4:05 p.m. vs. Hagerstown Suns – Buster’s Birthday – help Buster celebrate with all of his mascot friends
- April 22 at 6:35 p.m. vs. Charleston RiverDogs – Former New York Yankees star Roy White will sign autographs during the game. Senior citizens eat free, receiving a hot dog, bag of chips & soda.
- April 23 at 6:35 p.m. vs. Charleston RiverDogs – The first 2,000 fans will receive a baseball card strip highlighting a Philadelphia Phillies player who made a rehab appearance with the BlueClaws.
For tickets and more information, visit the Lakewood BlueClaws’ website.
- April 27 at 1:05 p.m. vs. Long Island Ducks – Kids Opening Day, featuring a pre-game team autograph session and a post-game opportunity for kids to run the bases.
For more information and tickets, visit the Somerset Patriots’ website.
You can follow Paul’s Random Baseball Stuff on Facebook or Google+, see my photos on Flickr and Instagram, and follow @Paul_Hadsall on Twitter, where I talk about about a variety of things in addition to baseball.